Messy crop, tanned skin, eyeliner, tongue stud, leather stilettos. How else can you work it for everyone back home?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

She's In Fashion

Tonight was the Mercedes Benz Asia Fashion Awards Singapore 2006! Unfortunately, Grace didn't win top honours, but I'm still damned proud of her.

This was the display outfit the guests got to see as a preview to the collections on the runway. Somehow, the picture of the display outfit with accessories has evaded me:
Feb 22 Grace's Display Outfit.jpg

And how neat was it that they simply plonked this SLK 200 right next to the garments?
Feb 22 Merc SLK 200.jpg
Also, because I arrived early in the day, one of the staff took the chance to practice his selling technique by getting into the car with me and telling me everything he knew about it. Was pretty fun, and I wish I could've taken a spin in it too!

After about four hours of rehearsals, final fittings and adjustments, and gossip, we went home to doll ourselves up for the show. We returned at about 6pm and were greeted by the biggest bunch of fashion greenies I've ever seen at a fashion show. These weren't the usual fashion-savvy, knob-head bunch I was used to. Instead, these were mostly made up of friends and family of the designers and Mercedes Benz staff. Truly the most refreshing crowd I've encountered at a fashion event!

Jamie Ong hosting the show:
Feb 22 Jamie Hosts MAFA.jpg

Grace standing proudly backstage with her entire collection:
Feb 22 Grace With Collection.jpg
After this photo, I scurried out to the front to watch her models walk down the runway. They did well and the audience seemed to be genuinely interested in Grace's unique sense of style.

Even though my dear girl didn't win, we agreed that the prize went to a well-deserved chap. Here she is one last time:
Feb 22 Grace at Merc Fashion Awards.jpg
Photos hosted by: www.flickr.com

We're all proud of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home