Messy crop, tanned skin, eyeliner, tongue stud, leather stilettos. How else can you work it for everyone back home?

Thursday, January 26, 2006

I Thank You

HAPPY 54TH BIRTHDAY, MUM!

It's my Mum's birthday today and also the night we had our reunion dinner. A big affair this time, it included all of my Mum's (surviving) siblings and their almost-complete families. Absent were my grandfather (who is sadly still in hospital), my Aunt Mary, my cousins Cassandra and Javier, and my cousin's husband Kien Hwee:
Our Reunion Dinner

Table 1, from left to right; Mum, Alex (replaced by a frowning Marcel), Jeanette, Aunt Jeannie, Aunt Ah Hwa, Joanne, Uncle Raymond, Criszean:
Table 1

Table 2, from left to right; Cheyenne (in pink), Ana, Aunt Hwee Li, Uncle Dennis, Ian, Dad, Marcel, Mikael, Denise:
Table 2

Some of the food; prawn and cashews in a yam ring:
Yam Cake

Sheng Mian:
Sung Mien

Sambal Kangkung:
Sambal Kangkung

My Canadian nephew Mikael and his monkey faces:
Mikael

Mikael with his uncle, my cousin Alex:
Alex & Mikael
Photos hosted by: www.flickr.com

It's always nice to have the family around for dinner, even if the whole reunion thing isn't really a big deal for all of us because we see one another so often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home