Messy crop, tanned skin, eyeliner, tongue stud, leather stilettos. How else can you work it for everyone back home?

Friday, April 14, 2006

International Affair

Yesterday night, we had the International Students Committee's first-ever International Ball and the finals of Curtin Idol. It was a fabulous night and everyone had heaps of fun. It is our most successful event this semester and I am proud to say that I played a significant part of it as Backstage Manager. While myself and my crew didn't get to see all the performances like the other volunteers did, we had our fun drinking and dancing the night away!
Let's hope they make it an annual thing and carry on with the tradition.

The stage:
Apr 13 IB Stage

Our reception and the guests pouring in:
Apr 13 Reception

VIP Professor Kevin McKenna and ISC PR representative Dwayne Augustin:
Apr 13 VIP McKenna & Dwayne

Some very happy dudes from UWA:
Apr 13 UWA ISS People

Our video crew for the night; ISC Deputy Convenor Michelle Mok and ISC PR Officer Libby Chang:
Apr 13 Video Girls Michelle & Libby

Guests and crew; a Sri Lankan girl, her friend Sharmela, ISC HR Officer Gagandeep Brah, and ISC Events representative Ong Kim Huat:
Apr 13 Sharmela Gagan KimHuat

"Kilt guy," and his friends from UWA:
Apr 13 More UWA People

ISC PR people Angsana Chatchaipolrat, Amrita Balachandran, Christian Pradayrol, and Nalaka Jinas:
Apr 13 Mod Amrita Chris Nalaka

Guests Esther, Sandora & Yosuke:
Apr 13 Esther Sandora Yosuke

Guests Dorothy (right) and friend:
Apr 13 Dorothy & Friend

Curtin Idol finalist Christopher's fans and girlfriend:
Apr 13 Christopher's Fans

Guests Dave, and Paul & Melanie from AIESEC:
Apr 13 Dave Paul Melanie

Inside; The Singapore Connections and AIESEC table:
Apr 13 SC & AIESEC Table

The Curtin Idols table:
Apr 13 Idols Table

My buddy Brian emcees our event; check out that mug:
Apr 13 Brian MCs

The lion dance by Chung Wah Association. They did it quite different from back home so that was not as boring as I had expected:
Apr 13 Lion Dance

A b-boy battle ala "You've Got Served" style:
Apr 13 BBoys

Didn't have too many good photos of the Curtin Idols performing because they kept moving so much. Nonetheless, here's the winner, Katherine Curnow:
Apr 13 Curtin Idol Winner Katherine
Most of the good stuff is on video, and I will try and show those to you all as soon as I can put them up. If not, I'm sure more photos will arrive on my desk in drips and drabs and hopefully I'll update this post with them soon.

More interestingly, after that hectic night, I have a count of seven bruises on my body. I know how I got three of them, the rest I'm totally clueless about!
The more interesting ones I found are these on both my hands:

Apr 14 Stigmata
Selected photos  International Students Committee
Photos hosted by:
www.flickr.com


I'm choosing to refer to them as "stigmata" for now since it's Good Friday and all! I teased my Mum that I've got more of them on my ankles and under my right ribs as well, make her think I'm the "chosen one". Haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home